AC Series Inductors
For Car Audio Filter Inductor, Speaker Crossover Inductor, Noise Filters and Output Inductors.
The AC Series inductors from CWS, Coil Winding Specialist, Inc is designed for application requiring very high saturation flux density or voltage swing, very stable high inductance with some DC bias over a wide temperature range. Application includes removing ignition noise or alternator noise from the automotive stereo systems, speaker crossover filters, noise filters, in-line filters, output inductor and other differential mode choke.
Please click here for Notes on Speaker Crossover.
Special Features of the AC Series Inductors are:
- Manufactured with high permeability and temperature stable iron-based amorphous ribbons cores
- Saturation flux density of 1.6 Tesla or 16,000 gauss which is much higher than MPP, Sendust, High Flux or Iron Powder Cores. As a comparison, KoolMu (Sendust) Bmax is 10,000 Gauss, Iron Powder Bmax is 14,000 Guass and High Flux Bmax is 15,000 Gauss
- Core permeability of 300 to 1200 and Coersivity of 4 Hc (A/M)
- Low core loss at high frequency
- Using gapless toriodal structure for minimum magnetic leakage
- Stable inductance at DC bias. Please see DC Bias table in pdf data sheet associated with each part number below.
- Curie temperature rating of 400 degree Celcius (750 deg F), no thermal aging, little inductivity drift over wide temperature.